Testing

Steve.S

Testing

Postby Steve.S » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi All. Got myself registered eventually, so just want to submit this as a test to make sure it's working. Could someone just send back a thumbs up please. I take it with the snow falling outside, nobody is up the field at the moment unless your certifiably insane, so you might take a minute to sit by the fire/radiator and send me a reply. Thanks very much. Steve

scaleman

Re: Testing

Postby scaleman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:56 pm

HI STEVE
Coming through loud and clear, welcome to the forum.
Cheers Paul M
scaleman

Steve.S

Postby Steve.S » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Paul! Thanks for the reply. Now I'm up and running I have a question to put out there as we're all grounded at the moment due to the weather and not chatting up at the field. I've just done a balance check on my Black Horse Percival Provost and found that it's very tail heavy. my estimate is that it needs about 1.5lb in the nose to make it right. That's about a baby's arm worth, not that I'm saying this is a practical use for baby's arms, but it does seem quite a lot. I guess if that's what it needs then that's what it needs. Has anyone noticed if this is a trait with Black Horse models or am I just lucky? Before anyone asks, I have moved the batteries forward as much as I can. looking forward to any comments. Steve.

scaleman

Postby scaleman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi Steve
It is not unusual to be putting weight in the nose I have the best part of 3 lb in my spitfire and not much less in my sea fury, if that's what it takes to balance it then so be it it is better to be nose heavy than tail heavy 1.5 lb is not a lot.
Cheers
Paul

Steve.S

Postby Steve.S » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Many thanks Paul. Your reply gives me more confidence to go ahead and strap a load of lead to the nose and then hopefully the weather will improve and I can bring the new addition up the field for a maiden. Not holding my breath for when that'll be though, just rain on the forecast for the foreseeable. Maybe there is something to this indoor flying lark after all?! Steve

Mike E

Postby Mike E » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Steve

If you need lead let me know, I have plenty to give away.

Cheers
Mike :assault:

scaleman

Postby scaleman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi Steve
Looking at the Provost it appears to have quite a short nose,this is more than likely the reason for a bit of weight up front.
Cheers
Paul

Steve.S

Postby Steve.S » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Mike. Many thanks, I've raided my old fishing tackle box for some, just need to batter it into a better shape. I think flat is the best option looking at it after its first pounding.

Paul, I think your right! It does have a stubby nose. Hit the lead on the head.

Thanks again!

Steve.S

Postby Steve.S » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Blimey!!! I've just checked the weather for tomorrow(Tuesday) and it looks like a flying day! SQUADRON SCRAMBLE!!!!!

Return to “General Modelling Chat”