ESC BINDS EVERYTHING WORKS BUT THE THROTTLE

All things electric. Motors, Models, ESC's etc.
dunney

ESC BINDS EVERYTHING WORKS BUT THE THROTTLE

Postby dunney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi, as usual I brought a complete bit of crap. It's a Unique Model PC9 it came without any instructions what so-ever. I have put it together but when I came to bind it, it binds all the control surfaces and retracts but the throttle wont arm? It just keeps repeating a series of short beeps? The ESC is a HobbyWing 40amp with a built in ubec. I brought a HobbyWing programming card but that has no throttle setup. I have tried the usual things like the throttle full etx but it won't go into programming mode. Any help without to much pi** taking would help thanks. :train(1):

RickTee

Re: ESC BINDS EVERYTHING WORKS BUT THE THROTTLE

Postby RickTee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Silly question as you've had quite a few electric models but is the throttle trim all the way down? Are you binding to a new model memory or reusing one?
Rick Tee

dunney

Postby dunney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Rick no throttle trim is neutral and it's a new model memory. I have tried googling it but no luck. :?

dunney

Postby dunney » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi Rick no throttle trim is neutral and it's a new model memory. I have tried googling it but no luck. :? I thought of the end points but as its not arming I just don't know.

RickTee

Postby RickTee » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:57 am

Throttle trim does need to be all the way down.
Rick Tee

bigrids

Postby bigrids » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Servo travel needs to be at least 100% or more

dunney

Postby dunney » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks for the advice chaps will try them, but the problem lays with the ESC not arming its self. I'm sure its down to the stupid squencer. :( :train(1):

paul f16

Postby paul f16 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Dunney I am having a nightmare with a speed controller for the engine starter on the P51. Mine is a BL Heli 80 amp.

I did a bit of research and found that you must program the throttle limits to align with the speed controllers otherwise it will work inefficiently or maybe not at all. I tried programming mine through the Transmitter, a real pain.

In my case the first instruction was to have the throttle stick at minimum then switch on TX then switch on the speed controller, I should have then heard two beeps ( throttle low found ) then a series of beeps ( counts the cells in the battery ) and then the 123 sound as all ok. This had to be repeated for the full throttle setting. This bit I did ok but further programming like start force setting was a bitch and in the end I could not get back into the programming mode. I have now bought a programmer so we will see what happens with that.

Have a look on you tube there are lots of tutorials and videos which may help.

dunney

Postby dunney » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Just an update, I went flying today 1st time since xmas when all the trouble started with my planes in general. Checked every thing was going the right way throttles up and it got about ten yards and stopped nothing :shock: as I walked towards it when I got to a few away I heard it bind and I had throttle again. Rebound it with the same result. Geff has the same tranney so he bound it to his and it worked perfectly on range check and normal so I have a duff transmitter. :twisted: So my problem with the PC9 might be related to that. Just off to pack it off to send to HK. :train(1):

Mike E

Postby Mike E » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Dunney...
If youre interested I still have the DX6I you sold me quite a while ago for £40.
You never had problems with that!!

Yours for £50.00 :roll:

Return to “Electric Flight.”